Vanilla Maple Cashew Milk
I've seen a lot of my Instagram peeps making nut milks recently, and to be honest, I've always been intimidated to try making some myself. I've always just thought to myself, "Why not just go to the store and buy some?! Making it yourself seems like too much effort!"
That is.... until I just said OHHH WHAT THE HECK! and tried making some myself.
An awesome company, Ellie's Best, contacted me via Instagram and offered to send me some of their nut milk bags to make homemade nut milk. This made the whole process so smooth and efficient using their handy dandy nut milk bags!
I was blown away by how easy making nut milk turned out to be!! I highly recommend trying it yourself. I love that you can control what goes into it because many store-bought nut milks have so much extra unnecessary ingredients that could cause harm to our body's health.
I really do recommend purchasing an Ellie's Best Nut Milk Bag for less than 10 bucks. Thank me later :) Ellie's Best was also kind enough to provide me with a coupon code for people to use to get their own nut milk bag for a discount.
My coupon code is: "janie10"
Please use it when you order one! I love mine and probably would never make nut milk if it wasn't for this bag.
- 1 Ellie's Best Nut Milk Bag
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in filtered water for at least 2 hours
- 3-3.5 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 TB maple syrup
- After cashews have soaked for at least 2 hours - maybe longer - drain and rinse with water.
- Pour cashews in a blender (I use a vitamix) along with 3-3.5 cups of filtered water. BLEND BLEND BLEND! (for 1-2 minutes). You can add your flavorings when you blend it here or wait until after it's strained and blend again.
- Pour into your Ellie's Best nut milk bag with a bowl beneath it. Squeeze it out.
- If you haven't put your flavorings in yet, pour back into the blender and combine everything.
- Pour into a glass jar of some sort with a lid and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Separation may occur, but just shake it when that happens.