Superfood Protein almond butter chocolate chip energy bites
I found a lot of almond butter in my pantry that had been sitting in my pantry for a while, so I decided to put it to good use and find some kind of healthy recipe where I could use it up! Low and behold, I found the greatest snack recipe of all time, thanks to Monique (Ambitious Kitchen blogger).
Makes 14 balls.
- 1/2 cup natural drippy almond butter (can sub peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract (I just kinda dumped some in, so it was probably like 1.5-2 tsp)
- 1 serving protein powder of choice (I used a single serving packet of Nuzest creamy vanilla protein powder that I ordered online)
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2-3 TB chocolate chips, mini or regular (I used semisweet)
- 1 TB chia seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add in protein powder, coconut, flaxseed meal, oats, chocolate chips and chia seeds. Mix until well combined. It's easiest to just use your hands to mix the dough well. Now, you should be able to form balls that stick together. Because all almond butter/nut butter consistencies are different and depending on what protein powder you use, you may need to add in more nut butter or sweetener to help the balls stick together.
- Form into 14 balls and place in an airtight container. You can store these in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for a month.