Turkey Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small-medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil (or use fresh basil for an even better taste!), or more to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano, or more to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, or stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- Pasta for serving
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions, green bell pepper, garlic, and zucchini in olive oil until onions are translucent and the peppers and zucchini are tender. Add the ground turkey, basil, oregano, salt and ground black pepper, stirring frequently until the turkey is done.
- Add the cans of tomatoes (with the liquid), tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Stir to combine and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over you favorite pasta.