Sesame Salmon Marinade
Another easy-as-pie salmon recipe that took only about 4 minutes to prep. Okay real talk folks... why do people say "easy as pie" when making pies from scratch is one of the most aggravating and hardest desserts to make ever! Homemade pie crust can make you want to pull your hair out if you're not a total pie expert. I ain't. That's for sure! But homemade crust is what makes pies oh so incredible!! So worth the loss of hair from frustration :)
...Now I'm craving pie...
Unfortunately, there's no pie involved with this meal, but here's still a tasty salmon recipe that my family and I all loved:
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 3 TB rice vinegar
- 1 TB minced or pureed ginger root
- 1/4-1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (we bought fresh Atlantic farm fresh salmon)
- Combine everything in a ziplock bag and place salmon inside to marinade for at least 1 hour (or more for tons of flavor).
- Either bake the salmon in the oven, grill it on cedar planks for more delicious smokey flavor, or just grill it on a rack.