Seared and Baked Chicken Breast
This is my NEW favorite way to make chicken!! Searing for a couple minutes before placing it the oven gives it a crispier exterior, but still tender and juicy in the middle.
- 8 or 10-inch cast iron skillet
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Avocado oil
- Spices: curry powder, smoked paprika, pink Himalayan salt, black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Preheat cast iron skillet on medium-high heat (on the stove) until HOT! Heat some avocado oil in the pan.
- While preheating skillet, rub a little avocado oil on the chicken breasts to coat. Rub spices generously on the chicken.
- Add chicken to hot pan and cook for one minute on each side.
- Place in the oven for about 8-15 minutes (depending on size of the breasts) until cooked through, but not overcooked. I recommend using a meat thermometer, and take the chicken out when it's almost 160°F.
- Eat!! You can serve with roasted sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli like I did for a well-balanced meal!