Salmon with Avocado Dill Sauce
Grilled salmon on cedar planks is literally one of the tastiest cooking methods ever. You have to soak the cedar planks in water the whole afternoon before grilling, but it is so worth it. The salmon will have an awesome smokey taste and smell. It is DIVIIIINE!!
And not to mention...this creamy avocado dill greek yogurt is a delightful and refreshing topping to the salmon! It's a gorgeous green color too which looks just lovely on the pink salmon :) Win-win.
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fillets of salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or olive oil spray
- Get your grill all ready to go. Start the coals, etc.
- Prepare yogurt sauce by combining avocado, Greek yogurt, dill, garlic, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, and salt and pepper to taste in a blender (or food processor) until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add more water 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency. Set aside.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and spray or brush with a little bit of olive oil.
- Once your coals are ready, place the cedar planks on the grill rack and then plop the salmon fillets on the cedar planks to cook for 10-15 minutes I think. Keep checking to see when they're done because some grills cook faster than others, and it also depends on how thick or thin your salmon is.
- When the fish is done, top it off with the avocado-dill yogurt sauce and serve with veggies and a starch for a complete meal!