Sorry there's no picture -- refried lentils aren't attractive, but they sure do taste delicious!!
Tip: stick to eating 2-4 TB to keep it low-FODMAP.
Serves: 3-4 as a topping
- 1/2 cup green or brown lentils + the amount of water it says on package
- 1/2 TB grass-fed butter
- Low-FODMAP salsa + some of the juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cook lentils according to package directions until soft and tender and mashable.
- Mash with a potato masher, fork, or whatever you want.
- Add butter to lentils along with a couple spoonfuls of salsa and salt/pepper.
- Adjust seasonings to taste -- feel free to add other spices if you'd like (cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, etc.)