Pumpkin Cream Cheese
'Tis the season for all things pumpkin. I will hold onto pumpkin season for as long as possible! This is a fun festive delicious and relatively still nutritious pumpkin cream cheese recipe. Very healthy compared to a lot of store-bought ones for sure! I got the recipe from Nutritiouseats.com and it is definitely a winner. Great for breakfasts, brunches, party dips, or just straight outta the bowl with some crackers! It is reaaaal good folks.
- One 8-ounce package lite cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup pumpkin puree, (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add the ingredients to a small-medium sized bowl and beat with an electric mixer until everything is well incorporated.
- Before serving, you can sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar if you'd like. You can use this as a dip with pretzels, crackers, fruit, etc. or it can be used as a spread on bagels or toast. Or with a spoon, which is also a valid option :).
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.