Oatmeal (vegan style)
Thank the Lord oatmeal is a two-thumbs-up breakfast according to the Plant-Based Diet. This recipe isn't much different from my other Oatmeal recipe, but there's just a few substitutions that will be made so that it's plant-based official (AKA...substituting plant-based milk for cow's milk and holding off on the egg whites).
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Rolled oats
- 1/3 - 1/2 Plant-based milk (Almond, Cashew, Coconut, Soy, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Maple extract (optional)
- Sweetener to taste (Raw honey, Maple syrup, Stevia, Mashed banana, Natural unsweetened applesauce)
- Toppings/Mix-ins: (Pick a few!)
- Banana (Nanners are a must for me when it comes to oatmeal)
- Berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries)
- Apple, chopped
- Nut/seed butter (Peanut, Almond, Cashew, Sunflower Seed, etc.)
- Chopped Walnuts or Almonds
- Chia seeds or Hemp seeds
- Mashed berries for "jam"
- Follow directions for the oats according to the package, mixing in the extracts towards the end of cooking.
- Add in as much cinnamon as desired. I loooooove cinnamon. I am a die hard "Cinna-woman" as they say :)
- When the oats are done cooking, add in your sweetener, and have fun with the toppings! Try new things & keep life interesting because getting sick of oatmeal would be tragic. It's just too much of beautiful thing.
- Send me pictures of your oatmeal creations! I want to see them!