Maple Sunflower Seed Butter PROTEIN BALLS
Recipe inspiration by one of my Instagram friends, Sydney, or more commonly known as @sydhealthynfit! She took over the Wild Friends Instagram page last week and posted a recipe for these protein balls. I adapted her recipe a bit so I didn't have to run to the store, but they are a delicious little snack!
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup Wild Friends Maple Sunflower Seed Butter (or sub other nut butter)
- 2 TB pure maple syrup (or sub honey)
- 1/2 TB coconut sugar
- 2-3 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (or sub other protein powder, this is just the only one I'll buy)
- 1 or 2 splashes of unsweetened vanilla almond milkl (or sub other milk)
- Few TBs coconut flour (if the batter seems too thin)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients in a small-medium sized bowl.
- Form into balls and place on a plate.
- Put the plate in the refrigerator until they've cooled and gotten a little harder.
- Pop one of these bad boys in your mouth before/after a workout, or pop a few of them in your mouth when afternoon hanger strikes.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week or so, or in the freezer to make them last longer.