Kale, Brussel Sprout, & Potato Frittata
- Avocado oil for coating the pan/sautéing
- 3 raw brussel sprouts, chopped
- 2 kale stalks, leaves removed from stem and chopped
- Leftover roasted baby potatoes
- 1 egg + about 1/3 cup liquid egg whites (more if you'd like)
- 1 slice ham or chicken sausage (optional)
- Lawry's seasoning salt
- Onion powder (optional)
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Cholula (optional)
- Heat avocado oil in an 8 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Turn on the broiler of your oven (This makes the top of the frittata cook).
- In the meantime, chop the brussels, kale, and potatoes. Throw into the skillet, along with any meats if using.
- Sauté for a few minutes until soft. While cooking, add whatever spices you'd like.
- Whisk the egg + egg whites in a small bowl and pour over the veggies in the skillet.
- Let cook for a minute or two until the bottom is set. Place skillet under the broiler in the oven for a couple of minutes, watching it so it doesn't burn (this could happen quickly!).
- Take out when the top is cooked/set.
- Drizzle cholula all over or any other hot sauces, avocado, Betterbean co., salsa, sour cream, etc.
- Enjoy! Oh, and don't burn your mouth. Cast iron skillet hold in the heat like none other!