Healthy Chocolate Granola
- 3 heaping cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (can omit)
- 1 cup raw nuts of choice (pecans or walnuts are my favorite)
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- 3 TB date sugar or coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and get out 2 baking sheets.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt coconut oil and maple syrup. Once melted, remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients together (oats, coconut, nuts, sugar, salt, flax, cacao powder). Pour coconut oil/maple syrup over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly coated.
- Divide onto the 2 baking sheets and spread out evenly, flattening with the back of a spatula.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Do not burn. Take out and sprinkle on chocolate chips so they get all melty.
- Let cool completely so it can become crunchy. Store in an airtight container for a couple weeks in the pantry or for a month in the fridge/freezer.
- Now go on...get chocolate wasted!! ;)