Grandma's Famous Meatloaf (Low-fodmap)
This meatloaf = Always a winner (No matter how gross the word meatloaf is...it's flippin' delicious).
Plus Grandma knows best. So we love continuing to make this recipe after many many years of enjoyment! I hope you like it as much as I do!
FYI: The pork gives the meatloaf so much good flavor. It's definitely a must. You could probably try turkey sausage too, but I haven't personally veered that far away from Grandma's famous recipe yet :)
Serves 5-6 (One thick slice each)
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef (90/10)
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken broth or stock (or non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 TB Worcestershire sauce
- For Serving: low-fodmap ketchup #1 or #2, BBQ sauce, Heinz 57 (my mom's fav)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-large bowl. & Just use your hands! They're your best kitchen tools!
- Shape into a loaf and plop it in a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Place in oven for 55 - 65 minutes or until done in the middle (you can just cut it in half and decide if it's done or if it needs more time if it's still pretty red/pink.) Drain the fat from the pan.
- Slice into 5 or 6 thick pieces and serve with either one of these low fodmap ketchups that I linked above or a good BBQ sauce. Enjoy!