Cream of Broccoli Soup
Needed a little switch-up from my usual chicken and veggies and potatoes for a Whole30 meal, so I found this awesome recipe on stupideasypaleo.com! Creamy, cozy, comforting bowl of wholesome goodness. I haven't made too many soups in my lifetime, but this one was quick, easy, and done cooking all in less than an hour, which is often not the case when it comes to soups.
Steph, from Stupid Easy Paleo, suggests topping the soup with chicken or another meat to make it a full meal.
Some other website suggested topping this kind of soup with ham, leftover kalua pig, or other pulled pork dishes.
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts, washed and sliced
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 - 1.5 lbs broccoli crowns, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth (32 oz) (I used reduced sodium)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter (I used Kerrygold) or Ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot, and bring them to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the soup to a blender, and puree until smooth. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.