Coconut cream oatmeal
This was one of those breakfasts that you freak out at because you realize you totally messed it up as you're making it, but then to your surprise it ends up turning out absolutely/accidentally DELICIOUS!! Oh happy day :D
I messed up by adding way too much coconut cream stevia drops, so it was WAYYY too sweet for even me to eat (and I have a giant sweet tooth, so that's saying a lot). But I didn't want to waste a whole bowl of food by throwing it out of course. So I was talking to myself like... "Okay Janie. Think. Think. Think. What to do, what to do... Hmmm [pauses for a solid 15 seconds] AHHHH I GOT IT!!!!!!!" Then I went ahead and followed my crazy mind that I often don't understand and went for it ---> I added in a couple spoonfuls of plain greek yogurt, which has no sweetness to it. VOILA! My boring-ish coconut sweetened oatmeal became COCONUT CREAM OATMEAL. Uh Yum.
So here, I am sharing with you my accidentally amazing coconut cream oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3-1/2 cup liquid egg whites (optional: but it adds protein to normal oatmeal - don't worry, it doesn't become scrambled eggs, you just mix it in while the oats cook, and it just makes them even fluffier)
- Vanilla extract
- Plain greek yogurt (a couple of spoonfuls)
- 1 banana
- Coconut creme liquid stevia drops
- Coconut flakes/shreds for topping
- Natural peanut butter for topping
- On the stove, cook the oats in milk and water like you would normally.
- When the liquid is almost absorbed, stir in the liquid egg whites and vanilla extract. Keep stirring until all the liquid is completely absorbed and it has thickened to your liking.
- Remove from heat. Pour in some liquid coconut cream stevia drops (maybe a little too much like me) and stir in a couple spoonfuls of the plain greek yogurt to get the creamy aspect. Adjust the sweetness and creaminess with the yogurt + stevia drops to your liking.
- Pour into a bowl and top with sliced banana, natural peanut butter, and coconut flakes.
- Enjoy this creamy goodness!