Coconut Banana Bread
You may be thinking coconut? banana bread? Those two things don't really go together...
But boy, lemme tell ya, this is one of favorite quick bread recipes. The flavors go together so well, and it was impossible to stop after only one slice. Good luck with the will power if you make this.
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 3 TB coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup honey, regular or raw
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural applesauce
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur brand)
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 TB coconut sugar + more for topping
- Coconut oil spray or Baker's Joy nonstick cooking spray for the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Mash bananas in a bowl. Add in softened coconut oil and honey. Mix with a hand mixer.
- Add in applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients (flour and everything below it).
- Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the top with more coconut sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy! Try to have self control and make the loaf last more than 24 hours. Warning: It may be very very difficult.