Cinnamon-y Pecan Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls
My mom asks... and she shall receive!
Mom: "Janie? I want a little something with my morning coffee that's not too sweet, filled with cinnamon....and maybe with pecans!"
Me: "Coming right up mumsie!" -- dashes to the kitchen to make energy balls --
Energy balls are some of my favorite healthy snacks -- whether that's in the morning before a workout, after a workout due to hanger while other food is cooking, or in the afternoon when I want a little pick-me-up treat. Energy balls are so versatile, forgiving if you suck at cooking, and can be FULL of superfoods! I LOVE EM!
- 1.5 cups rolled oats (quick oats would work too)
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4-1/3 cup maple syrup
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1-2 TB chia seeds
- 2 TB flaxseed meal
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins vanilla & coconut water collagen peptides (optional, but this adds some good protein -- you can swap in another protein powder, but you may have to adjust recipe a little)
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Mix everything together in a bowl with your hands until it all comes together and you can form into balls.
- If the mixture is too dry and crumbly, just keep adding a little more peanut butter and/or maple syrup until it can form balls easily.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for a couple of months, and take one out whenever you need some energy or you need a snack to cure the post-meal sweet tooth!