Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash (low fodmap)
- 1 smallish spaghetti squash
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped or shredded (I marinated mine in coconut aminos, avocado oil, cumin, and black pepper)
- Pesto (try my low-fodmap pesto!)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Carefully slice spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out seeds. Spray inside with cooking spray.
- Place the two spaghetti squash halves face down in a glass baking pan or a roasting pan. Add a small layer of water to cover the bottom of the pan (this will just help steam it a little better).
- Place on a middle rack and bake for 45 min - 1 hour (time will vary depending on how big the squash is). It will be done when the outside is softer and tender and you can easily separate the flesh into spaghetti-like strands.
- Scrape out the flesh from the bottom and sides, but leave it in the halved squash to use as a "bowl." Mix a few TBs of basil pesto into the squash as well as the chopped/shredded chicken breasts.
- Dive in!