The Best Overnight Oats
Overnight oats? What on earth is that?!?
Overnight oats are cold, usually uncooked oats, like the recipe below. It is a great breakfast for those who don't have time to make anything in the morning before they have to head out of the house quickly. Why? Because you prep everything the night before you eat it. It's even easier than making a smoothie to-go in the morning. You just take it out of the fridge, grab a spoon, maybe add a handful of granola or nuts or fruit to the top and you're good to go on with your day! Just be careful if your eating and driving. We don't want any spilling on the pants to happen. That would be absolutely tragic.
- 1/3-1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk (sometimes I just use water and it turns out just as tasty because of the creaminess of the yogurt)
- 1 single serving container of plain greek yogurt or about 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Banana, half mashed and half chopped in chunks
- 1 TB peanut butter
- Stevia or English Toffee Stevia Drops (5-8 drops I'd say) or a different sweetener
- 1/2 TB chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the oats, milk, greek yogurt, 1/2 mashed banana, peanut butter, chia seeds, cinnamon, and sweetener.
- Mix in the other half of the chopped banana.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar. Cover and refrigerate it overnight to thicken. It should be good for a few days.
- In the morning, take the jar out and top with whatever toppings your heart desires that morning! Granola for the added crunch-factor is always a favorite along with more fruit, nut butter, etc.