Holy Shmokes. This is one tasty bowl of rainbow goodness. I don't know why it took me so long to try an açaí bowl. This is a great fruit-filled breakfast, lunch, or even dinner if you're just in need of some colorful fruits in your life! It's a great option for vegans if you replace the dairy in the greek yogurt for a non-dairy yogurt or just emit it entirely. I had this for brunch and it was so filling but insanely good!
Açaí berries grow in rainforests in South America. It's a superfood with tons of antioxidants, fiber, and heart healthy fats. I'm finally hoppin' on this açaí berry train and I wish I started incorporating more of these bowls into my diet earlier on because they are so refreshing.
After you eat one, you'll be like, "Wow self, I just ate so much fruit, and am all filled-up with loads of antioxidants and some good-for-you fats, I can basically go conquer the world!!" Okay maybe you won't say that. But you're body will love you for this breakfast. And the topping ideas are endless. It's the fun part! Go crazy and make it beautiful and colorful!
I've seen these gorgeous bowls on social media pretty often, so when I spotted frozen açaí berry puree packs at whole foods, I immediately knew what was for breakfast the next day.
- 1 frozen açaí berry puree pack (can be found at whole foods)
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
- A few spoonfuls of vanilla greek yogurt
- Agave drizzle
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk to blend (any milk will do)
- 1/2 ripe banana sliced
- other options: blueberries, raspberries, peaches, pineapple, chia seeds, slivered almonds, nut butter, honey, hemp hearts, pears, flax seeds
- In a blender, blend the frozen açaí puree, 1/2 of the banana, frozen berries, greek yogurt, spinach, agave, and milk.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Have fun with the toppings!